With the new year comes a new stage of roll out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme. While the last 6 months have been a steep learning curve for all of us (the National Disability Insurance Agency included), it is important to note that the rollout continues.
From January 1, 2017 the NDIS will now be available to:
- Adults aged 25-28 in Tasmania
- Young people aged 15-17 in South Australia
- People in the Central Highlands of Victoria
- People in East Arnham in the Northern Territory
- People in Toowoomba and west to the border in Queensland
And in Western Australia, the Perth trial site will be expanded to include:
We’ve broken out WA here because of the current status where the West Australian government intends to manage it’s own version of the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Welcome to all the people who will be starting their NDIS journey in 2017. For those who have already started, please do let us know your top tips for starting with NDIS in the comments below. For people new to NDIS, be sure to check out some tips shared by Mel about her family and their experience.